Values and Approach
Solid Fire Consulting holds space for joy and possibility.
The work of social change organizations, communities, and philanthropies is inherently complex, with multiple moving parts and players.
At Solid Fire Consulting, our understanding of how we are part of a larger ecosystem of changemakers is rooted in the following values and approaches:
- Joy and Love: Working/dancing/playing from a place of whole heartedness, generativity, and expansiveness makes our work together engaging, meaningful, and impactful. Working from a place of joy and love is inherently an act of resistance against social injustice.
- Possibility: Possibilitarians dream of a better world by putting one foot in front of the other, taking small steps in the right direction. We bridge passion (fire) with pragmatism (earth).
- Racial and Social Equity: Addressing inequalities that cut across lines of race, class, gender, sexual orientation, citizenship, ability, and other social injustices is foundational and at the core of social change.
- Interdependence: We’re in this changemaking enterprise together. We cannot have positive impact on complex social challenges without collaborating with other people, communities, and networks.
- Inclusion: We need stakeholders with different points of view, values, experience, and social identities to participate in change efforts. It’s the only way to assure our work is sustainable.
- Wholeness: We practice bringing our full selves to our change efforts and encourage groups we work with to practice individual and collective self-care and reflection.
- Courage: We take risks and try new ways of doing things. Sometimes we fail. That’s inherent to experimentation. We learn from our failures and move on.
- Emergence: We acknowledge the inherent uncertainty that comes from taking on complex challenges. We trust that we have the solutions we need.